Monday, September 20 -
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are Chicago’s current recommendations and restrictions related to COVID?
- As of Friday, August 20, both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals 2 years of age or older must wear face coverings in indoor settings. Masking remains optional in outdoor settings, where the risk of COVID-19 transmission is lower.
- For Chicago’s travel advisory, click here. Any unvaccinated people traveling from designated states and territories are advised to obtain a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Chicago or quarantine for a 10-day period upon arrival. Vaccinated individuals do not need to quarantine or receive a negative test.
- Chicago recommends that vaccinated travelers bring their vaccination card when visiting.
- Visit Chicago’s Coronavirus Response Center website for more details on COVID-19 and the City of Chicago.
- In addition to Chicago’s mask mandate, effective August 30, the entire state of Illinois will require facial coverings in indoor settings, regardless of COVID vaccination status.
- What are the on-site health and safety protocols in place currently for CDBX?
- Welcome kit including a face mask, hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes and a safe touch key (for pushing doors, elevator buttons, etc.).
- Digital key option for a contactless check-in experience. You must be a Hilton Honors member (free membership) to use this service. Click here for more information about Digital Key.
- Hilton is committed to providing a safe, enjoyable experience from check-in to check-out. Learn more at Hilton.com/CleanStay.
- Hilton Meeting Space Protocols:
- Hand sanitation stations available in all public spaces.
- Increased facility cleaning.
- All Hilton Staff, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask at all times.
- Service and facilities status at Hilton Chicago:
- Fitness Center & Pool - Available
- Business Center, Breakfast, On-site Restaurant(s) - Available with modified service
- Concierge, Room Service, Valet Parking - Temporarily unavailable
- What are some best practices for participants while attending CDBX?
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouths with unwashed hands.
- Make informed choices about travel as well as onsite and external engagement and any risk you may pose to others.
- What should I do if I’m not feeling well?
- Do not attend CDBX in-person if you are not feeling well.
- What if I have known exposure risk?
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have reason to believe you currently have COVID-19, you should not attend CDBX, including if these conditions emerge while you are in Chicago. If you have reason to believe you have recently been exposed to COVID-19, please consult your physician.
All restrictions and guidelines are subject to change based on updates from the CDC and federal, state, and local officials. For the latest from the CDC, visit https://www.cdc.gov/covid19.
COVID NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
CDA is pleased that it can host the 2021 CDBX at Hilton Chicago in Chicago, IL. COVID-19 and its variants are a concern presenting possible risks to CDBX attendees. By attending, you are assuming any risk due to a COVID exposure. Therefore, you agree that you are assuming any and all COVID risks and that you hold CDA and any of their affiliates, including attendees, sponsors, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, volunteers or venue harmless from any liability, known or unknown, from any illness you may contract. You also agree to follow all governmental, hotel, CDA and CDBX COVID rules, regulations, procedures and protocols while attending CDBX. You also agree that you will not attend CDBX if you are ill, have been exposed to COVID, or have within seven days of CDBX tested positive for COVID.