Benefits of Participation
The Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Report provides participants with the ability to compare their results against all responding companies as well as several additional data aggregations—these include industry focus, annual sales volume, number of employees, business seasonality, geographic region, state, Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), and other aggregates deemed important. Additionally, data will be reported at the overall company level as well as the distribution center level.
By participating in the survey, responding companies receive:
- A comparison report with aggregated results of 1,000+ other distributors
- Excel Data Tables with full cross-industry data aggregates
- A PDF based customized and confidential Company-specific Compensation Report (CCR)
Importance of Participation
Participation by industry members is the backbone of any survey-based research project. The more companies that participate, and the more data they provide, the richer and more robust the results will be for the end-users. By participating in this study, you will help your industry in producing collective data that can provide actionable information for you and your peers. The last time this study was conducted we had a very robust dataset in receiving completed surveys from over 1,000 distribution companies, representing nearly 9,500 locations.
Investing time in providing your company’s data will save a significant amount of time when you begin analyzing the results. This time savings comes from how the confidential Company-specific Compensation Reports (CCR) are produced. Your company’s own compensation information is displayed for you alongside the appropriate industry comparatives (all respondents, industry focus, annual sales volume, etc.) to make comparability and analysis as easy as possible. Instead of digging through files and making calculations as you dive into the report, all of your own information is reported directly next to the appropriate comparatives for any given datapoint.
What to expect during the process?
This study has been designed to make the process as easy as possible for respondents. The survey may be completed as a PDF, an Excel file, or an online form. The online survey is designed with auto-summing and “save and return” functionality to allow users to easily return to their respective survey forms and view or modify their responses as needed.
We understand that participants are eager to get the information and we want to provide the results as quickly as possible. The timeline for the 2020 Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey will be:
- January 15th – Survey Launch
- March 16th – Survey Deadline
- May 29th – Results Available (participants will be emailed notice/instructions)
Questions regarding this study can be directed to:
: Kimberly Kissel, email@example.com
; (703) 208-1640
; (614) 389-2100
To assure confidentiality, this survey is conducted by Dublin, Ohio based Industry Insights, Inc.—an independent third-party research firm that currently serves more than 200 association clients. Since 1980, Industry Insights has been providing high quality research and educational services to trade and professional associations. Industry Insights processes over 100,000 survey forms each year and is highly sensitive to the confidential and proprietary interests of survey respondents.
Industry Insights understands that the confidentiality of your data is of the utmost importance. As such, we utilize industry standard internal controls and security procedures to ensure that all data confidentiality is maintained throughout the project. All survey responses are submitted directly to Industry Insights where they are kept in strict confidence. Additionally:
- All information received from individual Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Survey participants will be treated in a strictly confidential manner and will not be disclosed to any individual, entity, organization or third-party outside of Industry Insights, Inc. except as required by law.
- Only the aggregated results are published in the final industry-wide Cross-Industry Compensation & Benefits Report. Additionally, no individual company will be identified as a participant in the report.