CDA is a sponsor of the University of Innovative Distribution (UID) supported by Purdue University. Offered annually in March, UID is a powerful, four-day concentrated educational program focused on the unique needs of the wholesale distribution industry.
UID faculty features renowned wholesale distribution thought leaders, including university professors, industry experts, authors and consultants. Sample 2017 UID courses:
- Finding the Balance in Branch Management. People, Product and Profitability
- Differentiating Your Distribution Company: A Winning Strategy
- The Foundations of Leadership, “They” KNOW it when “They” SEE it!
- Know More! Selling
- Managing in Turbulent Times
- SWAT Team Selling - Leading Your Team to a Competitive Advantage
- Creating a Competitive Distinction
- Crossing the Chasm from Lifestyle Management to Professional Management
- How DO They Do That: Secret Tech Weapons for Work and Home
- Women Mean Business
- Preparing for 2020: The Manager's Guide to Dealing with the New Workplace
- Decide: Work Smarter, Reduce Your Stress, and Lead by Example
- Branch and Operations Effectiveness for Distributors
- Improving the Bottom Line
- Inside Sales 101
- Big Data Analytics for Wholesale Distributors
- Proving Total Cost Savings
- Mergers & Acquisitions: How They Affect the Competitive Landscape
- Mastering the Five Most Critical Skills for Selling Success
- How to Get Paid for Service Value
- Sales Performance By Design
- Planning and Managing the Distributorship for Greater Profits
- Hiring the Right Salespeople
- Improving Profitability Through Joint Sales Calls
- Value-Added Selling
- Shift Happens - How to build an eCommerce Platform for Distribution and Wholesale
- The Power of Focus: Strategic Planning for Distributors
- Personnel Productivity Improvement
- Increasing Your Sales Force’s EQ
- Negotiation Skills for Distributors
- New Process of Distribution Sales Management
- Managing the Account Portfolio
- Troubleshooting Inventory Replenishment
- Vital Planning Disciplines for Sales Professionals
- Effective Warehouse Operations
- Pricing Strategies
Visit the UID website or download the 2017 UID brochure for full details on the program schedule, courses, instructor biographies, hotel reservations, certification and “who should attend” each course.
Registration for 2017 UID Now Open
Due to CDA’s affiliation with UID, CDA members receive a discounted “members-only” UID registration rate.
Who Should Attend UID?
UID is designed for all personnel working in the wholesale distribution channel, including:
- All manager-level personnel: sales, marketing, branch, operations, purchasing, inventory and human resources
- Anyone looking to improve personal performance and/or the company's bottom line!
Attendees can apply UID coursework toward earning the Professional Certificate in Industrial Distribution awarded by Purdue University.
Questions? Contact MeredithK@CDAWeb.net.