CDA is a sponsor of the University of Innovative Distribution (UID) supported by Purdue University. Offered annually in March, UID is a powerful, four-day concentrated educational program focused on the unique needs of the wholesale distribution industry.
UID faculty features renowned wholesale distribution thought leaders, including university professors, industry experts, authors and consultants. Sample courses:
- Finding the Balance in Branch Management. People, Product and Profitability
- Differentiating Your Distribution Company: A Winning Strategy
- The Foundations of Leadership, “They” KNOW it when “They” SEE it!
- Know More! Selling
- Managing in Turbulent Times
- SWAT Team Selling - Leading Your Team to a Competitive Advantage
- Creating a Competitive Distinction
- Crossing the Chasm from Lifestyle Management to Professional Management
- How DO They Do That: Secret Tech Weapons for Work and Home
- Women Mean Business
- Preparing for 2020: The Manager's Guide to Dealing with the New Workplace
- Decide: Work Smarter, Reduce Your Stress, and Lead by Example
- Branch and Operations Effectiveness for Distributors
- Improving the Bottom Line
- Inside Sales 101
- Big Data Analytics for Wholesale Distributors
- Proving Total Cost Savings
- Mergers & Acquisitions: How They Affect the Competitive Landscape
- Mastering the Five Most Critical Skills for Selling Success
- How to Get Paid for Service Value
- Sales Performance By Design
- Planning and Managing the Distributorship for Greater Profits
- Hiring the Right Salespeople
- Improving Profitability Through Joint Sales Calls
- Value-Added Selling
- Shift Happens - How to build an eCommerce Platform for Distribution and Wholesale
- The Power of Focus: Strategic Planning for Distributors
- Personnel Productivity Improvement
- Increasing Your Sales Force’s EQ
- Negotiation Skills for Distributors
- New Process of Distribution Sales Management
- Managing the Account Portfolio
- Troubleshooting Inventory Replenishment
- Vital Planning Disciplines for Sales Professionals
- Effective Warehouse Operations
- Pricing Strategies
University of Innovative Distribution website
CDA members at the 2017 UID (L to R: Neal Deane, Merchants Grocery Company; Kevin Barnes, Stewart Distribution; Kurtis Kuhn, Henry’s Foods; Rich Faw, Capitol Distributing)
|“As a general manager, it is important for me to have knowledge in all areas of distribution. It is a great environment for learning and networking.” - Kevin Barnes, general manager, Stewart Distribution
“Although not convenience store specific, the UID is an excellent environment to learn, network and expand my overall distribution base of knowledge. I've met distributors from literally around the world who distribute everything from flowers to lumber to HVAC equipment. The competition and struggles are real in each of these channels of distribution. We all can relate to that. I’ve been given great takeaways to apply back at Merchants Grocery Company.” – Neal Deane, vice president and chief financial officer, Merchants Grocery Company
Registration Opens in Fall 2017
Due to CDA’s affiliation with UID, CDA members receive a discounted “members-only” UID registration rate.
Who Should Attend UID?
UID is designed for all personnel working in the wholesale distribution channel, including:
- All manager-level personnel: sales, marketing, branch, operations, purchasing, inventory and human resources
- Anyone looking to improve personal performance and/or the company's bottom line!
Attendees can apply UID coursework toward earning the Professional Certificate in Innovative Distribution awarded by Purdue University.
Questions? Contact MeredithK@CDAWeb.net.