Thank you for your interest in one of four $5000 scholarships available through the Ray Foley Memorial Scholarship Program. Below is the application. Applications will be accepted through May 14, 2021, and winners will be notified by the end of July. If you have questions, contact Kimberly Kissel, CDA’s director of education.
How are you connected to CDA?
In less than 1000 words please let us know what earning this scholarship would mean to you and why you are deserving of this scholarship (scholastic merit, philanthropy and financial need are all examples of great points to discuss in this piece that is addressed directly to our judges; please let us know if the convenience distribution industry has impacted you or if you’re interested in a career in this industry).
Note: Please do not use your name or any industry company names in the essay.
Letters of Recommendation ( 2 )
(1 personal, 1 academic).
Please ensure reference letters use only first and last initials to refer to student and do not use real names. If names are used, please blackout names before submitting.
Please Upload a short bio (250 words or less) and a head shot of applicant. The photo cannot be copyrighted.
Thank you for your interest in the Ray Foley Memorial Scholarship!
By submitting your application, you grant CDA permission to publish your name, photo and essay in any promotional or marketing materials related to this scholarship. In addition, you understand that any incomplete, fraudulent or inaccurate applications, or applications that do not comply with all instructions, may be disqualified.
Prior to submitting your application, please review this checklist carefully. By submitting your application you confirm the following:
• I affirm that, as a scholarship applicant, I work for a CDA distributor member company, or I am the spouse, son or daughter of an employee at a CDA distributor member company.
• I plan to be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program in an accredited college or university for 2021-2022. In the event that I am unable to participate in an undergraduate or graduate program full-time in the 2021-22 academic year for any reason, I agree to return any scholarship funds that I may have received to CDA.
• I am the author of the essay submitted with my application and I did not receive any assistance in drafting or editing the essay. All facts and details contained in my essay are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. My essay does not include any misrepresentations regarding my educational background, extracurricular activities, volunteer and/or professional experience.
• I understand that the applications are graded and judged anonymously. I have not included my name in my personal essay.
• My letters of recommendation include only my first and last initials and do not contain my real name. If my name was inadvertently included by the person recommending me, I have blacked my name out.
• The photo I am including with my application is not copyrighted. In the event that the photo is copyrighted, I represent that I own the copyright to the photo and hereby grant a non-exclusive license to use the photo to CDA.